Up Too Late...


Up Too Late


I had a good Hogmanay and new year but I have stayed up too late for too many nights, which has made my body clock, go way off sync. So after napping on the couch and then going to bed I was lying there wide-awake so started to check up on Kathryn, my daughter who is in Australia before going to sleep and noticed she had liked a photo, which started me thinking about my life and how it hasn’t turned out anything like I thought it would. 

In the past I prayed for years that God would restore unto me what the locusts had eaten. In reference to Joel 2:23-25 “Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before. The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil. "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten--the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm--my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed.”  I have begun to understand that how we think it will work out isn’t necessarily how God will work it out. But when we allow God to work in our souls, we give Him the access He needs to clean out what the locust destroyed and build up what the Spirit delivers. The Holy Spirit, in effect, redeems what was lost, by working through our lives. He does this I believe by gently bringing about healing, drawing you to His heart and love. As you begin to seek His ways more than your own, your “lost” portion becomes less in focus and your “now” portion more focused which causes a shift in your future and allows the Holy Spirit to guide you into opening up your life to new life and growth. 


My daughter, Kathryn is on outreach in Australia before she goes to Latvia and Moldova for the rest of her mission’s trip. She is raising funds to enable her to be able to go. This process never ceases to amaze me and grow my faith. Last year she needed to do this as a student going to YWAM and her funds came in through many small and a few large donations. This time there has been problems with the donation process on the YWAM web site http://ywamnewcastle.com, http://ywamnewcastle.com/donations/, but she still stands in faith, (you can read more in their blog http://lmoutreach.blogspot.com), which makes my heart so blessed. If you would like to donate, use Firefox web browser as there is problems with Safari, Place Kathryn E L Buchan, Staff outreach donation in the comment box, It’s not too late!!! ) Her life today demonstrates restoration that I believe has been given to us despite the locusts eating a good portion of her childhood. Kathryn just posted an update about someone who will match your donation up to $1000!!!  Kath writes, "hey guys so i have a supporter that will match whatever i make in the next 24hrs up to $1000 so please donate TODAY to my Outreach to Latvia and Moldova! please just send me a private message of how much you are planning on donating so i can keep tally! SO EXCITED!!!! " So please pray about this coz she still needs $2000 and this may be God's way of allowing you to bless this ministry, Thanks!!!

Tonight Cliff and I were invited to join a meeting of our church’s leadership team where our Pastor spoke about his vision for 2013 for the church. I had given myself to the end of the year to enjoy being a new wife and getting used to my move back to Lafayette. But it’s now January of 2013, a new year and it’s time to plug myself into the local church. Over the last 4 months I have let go of my old church, in that I finished out the year and my commitments there and had began to  wonder how I would fit in to my new church. This is always daunting but always God works it out in the end. Tonight allowed me to see and bring excitement about where this may happen. As I heard Pastor Bobby’s heart and thoughts about where the church is going I saw that God  has a plan for me here. I love relationship; I believe it’s God’s desire for us, to grow us. But I am so thankful that throughout my life people have invested in me by disciple-ing me. I also have been honored to have been given the opportunity to disciple others and I believe is where a lot of who I am in God came from. Again even though the locusts ate many years I see restoration coming is this part of my life.

In the letting go and the laying down of plans, or hurts, or dreams, or lives we open up an opportunity for God to bring new growth in a new season of our lives. One of my mentors spoke into my life; another was there for me throughout that whole season, which I am so grateful for. I understand the need for community but also the need for accountability and transparency in our lives, which happens when we go one on one with people. As we invest our time, our hearts, our passion for God, we will see lives change.

I have been blessed with restoration of love into my life. It’s a new love but a greater love. One that is so much more caring, understanding and thoughtful.  Cliff wants my best, he doesn’t force he encourages, he doesn’t judge he supports which does my heart and life so much good.
What will 2013 bring? I’m not sure, but I trust God will bring good things that I am sure of!!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is relationship?